Sunday, May 4, 2008

Is Being a Homosexual a Sin?

I just watched this show in etc 2nd avenue called 30 days. Got interested on the topic so I watched.

I didn't know that there's a place in San Francisco, California that been called the gay village and it's name is CASTRO. History said that it is where the US government "threw" the gay military men and then they build their own village. Literally, the people who live there are called homosexuals ( gays and lesbians) and everything is legal. They even have their own church and a city hall! The shows theme is to have a straight guy ( a military man) to go to Castro and live there for 30 days. Staying in an apartment with a gay, they tested his beliefs and I say patience meeting and working with gay people.



It just hit me with this question: Is being a homosexual a Sin?


Being the only girl in the family, i grew up with my 3 brothers. 2 are older than me and a younger one, i thought I'm also a "boy". Playing games with them, understanding what they want is what I did when I was a kid. My first crush is a girl ( but she's the "boy") I may say I got really attracted to her and I think I fell in love with her. My feeling is different. I don't know why. When I got in my grade school years, all of my friends are boys. We hang out, bully and torture other students life. I even courted some of my girl classmates, ending up being friends which in the end is better than having a relationship with them ( i became more closer to them). Came my high school years, I transferred in an all girls school and I was delighted that I will have lots of girls around me. My interest in girls grew stronger and the chance of having a "girlfriend" is like a chicken feed for me. Just to be part of the new environment, I had girl crushes, courted a few and off course had a relationship with the same gender. I felt so free and liberated. I feel so accepted with this environment. But then I don't know when and how I started to be confused. Is it when my seatmates are the kikay one's and taught me how to apply nail polish? Or is it when I had a huge crush on my P.E teacher? The feeling of ambivalence is there. What will I do? What do I want? I am caught in the middle of nowhere. Until I discover the joys of having a boyfriend. Hahaha! What a lot of difference right? I learned that there's a certain stage in our life called "Identity Crisis". Its good that I overcome of it and I can say that I'm truly a girl, perhaps a true Woman.


So still, is being a Homosexual a sin? I'm a Roman Catholic. Maybe not that "Sagrado Katoliko" as others, but I know my faith and I know my beliefs. In the bible, God created ONLY a man and a woman. But I am not against homosexuals, I have friends who are gays and lesbians. Its just that, is having a choice to be what you are is a sin? Or is being true to Yourself a sin? So i am sinner for the years I felt that I'm boy? I think it's a sin when you don't respect others, respect their beliefs and respect their own decision. And only our Creator will say if we became a sinner and can judge us in the end.


watcha think?



sa uulitin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very intriguing posts... actualy grlfren, sinner ka nmn tlga... hehehe... we all are... but whtver choice we make in this lifetime, in the end our good GOD will be the only to judge us wen we face HIM... amen! hehehe
btw, may post ako syo ....

cottonprincess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.